Endeavor Miami has announced the launch of their ScaleUp Program, a cohort-based five-month program for companies with a market-tested business model seeking to scale their businesses faster. The program is a staple of other Endeavor offices around the world and looks to support leading early-stage companies with strong impact potential in the South Florida ecosystem.
Endeavor Miami’s ScaleUp Program will be focused on the four pillars of services that Endeavor offers:
- Access to Capital: covers topics ranging from fundraising to accounting
- Access to Markets: covers expansion, growth, scaling, and strategy
- Access to Talent: covers culture, corporate governance, organizational structure and everything between talent attraction to leadership development
- And throughout the program Access to Mentors
“We are very much looking forward to supporting the growth of this amazing group of companies. The launch of this program is a big milestone for Endeavor Miami and we’re proud to have such a strong first cohort participating,” said Juan Pablo D’Alessandro, Entrepreneur Selection and Growth Manager at Endeavor Miami.
The program is supported thanks to Bank of America’s Neighborhood Builders Award given to Endeavor Miami to support its mission to select, mentor and accelerate the scale of South Florida’s high-impact entrepreneurs. “It is thanks to partners like Bank of America that we’re able to continue driving our mission to catalyze economic growth locally and offer access to new programs, such as ScaleUp, to support even more entrepreneurs that will have a tangible impact on our community,” added Laura Maydón, Endeavor Miami’s Managing Director.
While Endeavor’s ScaleUp Program is offered in other Endeavor affiliates around the world, each affiliate designs the content based on the needs of their local communities. The program is designed to support the growth of companies that are still early for the Endeavor process but already have very strong indicators of scalability. “A key differentiator of the Miami program is the participation of our own Endeavor Entrepreneurs as speakers to share their stories and experiences,” mentioned Andrea Torres, Endeavor Miami’s Marketing & Partnerships Manager. “Their participation is a great example of Endeavor’s founder centric and pay-it-forward mentality.”
Aligned with Endeavor’s industry agnostic values, Cohort One is comprised of nine companies representing a variety of industries.
The companies selected to participate in the program are:
- CarBuckets: founded in 2017 in Miami, is a patent-pending automotive platform committed to bringing the joy back to car buying through transparency, convenience, and low group prices. By grouping car buyers into “Buckets”, based on city and car brand, CarBuckets leverages its large network of same-brand dealerships, by getting dealers to compete against each other to win the group and its business. The dealer with the lowest overall price wins. In return, CarBuckets users are saving, on average, 40% more than if they were shopping alone or using another car-buying website.
- Caribshopper: an e-commerce marketplace that allows the Caribbean consumer to shop US retailers & Caribbean retailers all from one central app. They provide the complete online shopping experience giving access to the widest range of products & brands from retailers, the most local payment options—even cash, and deliver directly to their doorstep.
- Caribu: an education platform that helps parents, extended family, and mentors read and draw with children when they’re not together. We’re “FaceTime meets Kindle”, for kids. The result is an engaging livestream shared-screen experience – in a carefully designed, curated, and secure platform. An in-app library contains hundreds of books, in seven languages, from leading children’s publishers, and many educational workbooks that you can draw on together in “real-time”!
- EZLabz: a South Florida Health Tech Startup focused on providing on-demand home health care services. They are changing the way the everyday consumer has their blood work completed by sending nurses to their home or office to draw blood and collect urine samples.
- Freedom Social Technology: is the ultimate tool for the political world. Founded by YPO/Harvard Ricardo De La Blanca in 2017, Freedom Social Technology’s mission is that of providing political parties, leaders and their followers with a tailored mobile-app and honest social media experience to create and manage political networks. Today, this platform is being used by more than 20 political parties worldwide and counts with the support of the main pro-democratic institutions such as, IDU (International Democrat Union), WFD (Westminster Foundation for Democracy) in London, IDEA (Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance) and, UPLA (Unión de Partidos Latinoamericanos) and is in the process of being implemented by several political parties around the world.
- Globalshopex: provides an easy-to-integrate international checkout and logistics solution for SMB to sell to more than 200 countries. Globalshopex calculates taxes and duties, optimize shipping rates among multiple carries and by consolidating, charge in local currency and provides local payment options. Then, Globalshopex enables US merchants to convert more international orders without the risk of fraud and without taking responsibility on the orders, logistics, returns and customer support.
- Innovation SM: a premier operator of Florida senior living communities whose leadership has over 125 combined years of experience nationwide. They have expertise in affordable and middle market properties. Innovation Senior Management offers a full suite of property management services for acquisitions and new construction properties.
- Playbycourt: an integrated POS and management platform for the tennis industry that allows professionals to handle all aspects of their operation under one single solution. Their cloud-based software and payments platform is specifically designed to address the unique requirements of the tennis industry. They help partners simplify their day to day operations, increase court usage, enhance transparency, and attract new clients by focusing on delivering a customer first experience.
- SECBERUS: creates cloud security technology to help organizations stay secure & compliant in the public cloud. The company provides Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) through its flagship product, CUMULUS CYBER-IQ. Security leads can now manage multi-cloud misconfiguration risk with real-time risk visibility, intelligent remediation plans, and custom security & compliance reporting. Security teams can continuously identify and remediate cloud infrastructure risks across public cloud accounts.
The ScaleUp Program is powered by Venture Hive’s Flitepath platform. Through the Flitepath platform, ScaleUp participants will have access to 24/7 education content tailored to industry vertical, mentorship and in-network resources, as well as company and product-level metrics for reporting and transparency and a document repository for storing sensitive information. Additionally, Endeavor partnered with Ninety.Us who ran diagnostics on the selected companies to identify challenge areas and best mentor profiles to match the companies’ needs.
Endeavor Miami is grateful to the support of Building.co who is the ScaleUp Program’s official venue partner. The program will launch on May 22nd with a workshop focused on growth led by our trusted partners at EY.