One of our core beliefs at Endeavor is that entrepreneurs are not just a crucial cornerstone of economic development but catalysts of that same growth. Since our founding we have focused on supporting high-impact entrepreneurs, those that have:
- The biggest ideas
- The greatest potential to achieve meaningful scale, and
- The ability to reinvest in the next generation
These high-impact entrepreneurs lead what we call scale-ups, also known as high-growth companies. Over twenty years of research has shown us that scaleups are key job creators in modern economies, as they generate up to 80% of jobs in the market. Therefore, supporting them has never been as crucial as it is today, as they are necessary to the recovery of the economy. As our fearless leader and founder Linda Rottenberg likes to say, “when economies turn down, high-impact entrepreneurs turn up!”
If supporting entrepreneurs is a team sport, Endeavor Mentors are our quarterbacks. Since the lockdown started, Endeavor Miami Mentors have donated close to 200 hours to our Endeavor Entrepreneurs through webinars, roundtable discussions, one-on-one sessions and Advisory Board Meetings.
While our core service offering focuses on high-impact entrepreneurs, we still wanted to share our knowledge and resources with the wider ecosystem of South Florida entrepreneurs.
- We quickly adapted our ScaleUp Program accelerator to include crisis management content to best serve our participating companies. The next ScaleUp Program cohort will begin virtually on May 28th.
- We started hosting Endeavor Office Hours: weekly 30-min sessions for entrepreneurs seeking advice on how to overcome their challenges. Entrepreneurs can book their 1:1 mentoring sessions here.
- We opened up Endeavor Global’s crisis management resource center to anyone who might need it. You can access it here.
- We helped amplify the multiple ways our Endeavor Miami Entrepreneurs have given back to the community. We invite you to take a look at our blog series “Stepping Up in Times of Crisis.”
Endeavor is a community effort and it is thanks to the support of our Board of Directors, mentors, and partners that we’re able to assist entrepreneurs in times like these. A big thank you to our partners Knight Foundation, Tony Tamer, Citi Private Bank, Dell for Entrepreneurs, EY, Facebook, and many more who make it possible for us to ensure that anyone with the dream and drive to not just survive, but also thrive, during this crisis can do so.
Andrea Torres is Head of Strategic Partnerships & Marketing. If you’re interested in learning more about our work and/or ways to support entrepreneurs, you can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org