As we look back to 2019, we are very excited of the impact Endeavor Mami has had in the community. It is all thanks to our Endeavor Entrepreneurs, Board Members, mentors, partners and sponsors.
Here is a brief recap of our entrepreneurs’ accomplishments and exciting news from 2019:
- We are proud to announce that in 2019 Endeavor Miami Entrepreneurs are expected to generate more than $250MM in revenues and create close to 3,000 jobs.
- We added two more companies and three entrepreneurs to our portfolio, Jorge and Eddy Prado, co-founders of Fastmind and Sion Tesone, co-founder of TISSINI.
- Together with Knight Foundation, we released a report led by Endeavor Insight on Miami’s Entrepreneurial Competitive Advantages. The work is one of the largest studies of local entrepreneurship ever conducted by Endeavor Insight. The report concludes that an entrepreneur-led economic development supporting high-growth companies is key to maximize Miami’s economic potential.
- We hosted our second ScaleUp Summit featuring entrepreneurs and business leaders from Endeavor’s global network. We focused on “Cities of the Future”, highlighting the myriad ways founders are innovating and disrupting traditional industries and the obstacles that come along when trying to scale such businesses.
- We also hosted our Annual High-Impact Gala with over 300 guests where we recognized the achievements of our Impact Award Honoree: Cesar Conde. EcoSystems and Nearpod were awarded with the Endeavor Miami Entrepreneur of the Year award.
- We launched the first Cohort of our accelerator program “ScaleUp Program” expanding our impact in the ecosystem. The program is designed to support entrepreneurs leading businesses with high impact potential in the Miami ecosystem.
- Endeavor Miami company YouVisit was successfully acquired by education firm EAB.
- Endeavor Miami Company Entic was acquired by Aquicore a DC based real estate software company.
- Endeavor Company Nearpod accomplished its first acquisition, Flocabulary.
- NovoPayment expanded its alliance with Visa and received a strategic investment.
- Boatsetter closed its Series A extension funding round with $10MM.
If you want to read more on our impact numbers, selection process and where our 2020 ISP are taking place, click here.
Thank you to all and Happy Holidays!